Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Does anyone have a family member that goes totally overboard?

with gifts for holiday's, birthday's, etc. But only gives to people selectively. For instance sister in law spent over $300 on a custom easter basket for 2 1/2 month old grandson and bought her daughter 3 easter baskets one with gift card of $200 not including the contents, didn't acknowledge anyone else not even a Happy Easter! I think she does this to make everyone else feel inferior with gift giving. Does anyone else think it is tacky to make everyone sit down and watch the opening of baskets when not everyone is included? Or am I just bitter and jealous I wasn't included? My thoughts if you are not going to do for everyone, do yours privately with the ones you are.

Does anyone have a family member that goes totally overboard?
to give selectively to her grandson and daughter is okay... after all, it's her grandson and daughter... I give my kids baskets but I don't give them to my brothers kids...


but to make everyone sit down and watch the opening of the gifts is a bit much. it's not like it's their birthday. I agree with you that it should have been done privately. otherwise the other children are confused as to why the easter bunny didn't give them such elaborate gifts.


No comments:

Post a Comment